Friday, February 11, 2011

TrueCL work

Now that the latest update for linuxha.net is out of the way I'm turning my attention to TrueCl once again.

TrueCl uses sqlite for two purposes; a status database and a configuration database. One of the most frustrating things is that depending on the platform, perl version and sqlite version I covered through up more subtle locking issues when attempting to read/write at approximately the same time from different programs.

Although still a work in progress I've now re-written the status database to make use of a running service - which seems to defeat the purpose of SQLite in some respects, but at last I have a working solution!

Next couple of days will involve flipping that functionality to the configuration database module too - and then that should be one of the few significant portability issues with the core code resolved.

No comments:

Post a Comment